Apply or renew your

Australian Student Visa

The Australian Student Visa à instead of australian student visa (not
lower case) allows qualified international students to study, live and work in Australia for up to 5 years. With world-class universities, practical vocational colleges, and outstanding English language schools, there are plenty of options for you to learn new skills or upskill.

Apply for a

Subclass 500 – Student Visa

The Student Visa (Subclass 500) is the perfect opportunity for you to complete a course of study at your nominated institution for up to five years, aligning with your enrolment in Australia. Upon graduation, you may be eligible for a Graduate Visa for up to three years.

Learn how to apply for a student visa in Australia, understand the conditions and check whether you meet the eligibility criteria.

Extend your

Subclass 500 – Student Visa

It’s no secret that the process of getting a student visa extension can be complex and confusing.

But we take great pride in ensuring that every student visa extension is a successful one. So that you may concentrate on your academics and achieve your aspirations, let us take the worry out of this process for you.

Learn how to extend your Student Visa in Australia

Types of

Student Visa

It is essential to decide what type of study you wish before applying for a student visa. Choose the type of study you wish to undertake.

Postgraduate Research Sector

This stream is suitable for international students who wish to stay in Australia for Postgraduate research (i.e., doctorate)

Non-Award Sector

This stream allows students to undertake non-award foundation studies courses/modules which do not lead to an award such as a diploma, certificate, or a degree.

Schools Sector

This stream allows international students to study at a primary or secondary school in Australia.

Independent ELICOS Sector

This visa stream allows international students to enter Australia to study on an English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students.

Vocational Education and Training Sector

This visa stream allows international students to study vocational or training courses that could lead to a VET Graduate certificate or Diploma/Advanced Diploma.

Higher Education Sector

This visa stream allows students to stay in Australia to study a full-time higher education course

Foreign Affairs or Defence Sector

This allows International Students sponsored by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, or Department of Defence, to enter Australia and study full time.

Check your Eligibility For

Australian Student Visa

Process of Application

Student Visa Consultation

To begin your student visa journey, you will need to decide on the course and the institution you wish to study in Australia. We will consult with you to understand your preference and advise you of relevant course providers based on your interest.

Receive a Confirmation of Enrolment

Once we finalise the course and institution you wish to study at, we will begin our admission application with the relevant institutions to receive a Confirmation of Enrolment (COE). You may be required to sit an eligibility test to obtain admission at your preferred university.

Apply for the Visa

Once we receive your Confirmation of Enrolment, we will begin compiling your documents for a decision-ready student visa application.

Post Lodgement of Visa Application

We will submit your application once we receive all your documents and are satisfied that it meets the requirements for processing.

What happens after Student Visa

If you wish to study further

If you wish to upskill and study further, you can apply for another Student Visa or Subclass 485 Visa. Subclass 485 has full work and study rights.

If you wish to work

If you wish to work full time without employer sponsorship, you can apply for Subclass 485 – Graduate or Post Study Stream.

If you have an employer to sponsor you

If you wish to work full time and have an employer willing to sponsor you, you can apply for an employer sponsored visa.

If you have an occupation on the SOL

If you have an occupation on the Skilled Occupation List, you can apply to be considered for the General Skilled Migration pathway.

If you operate a business/can invest.

If you operate a new or existing business in Australia or can invest at least AUD2.5 million in Australian investments, you can apply for a Business/Investor Visa.

If you have an Australian Partner

If your spouse or de-facto partner is an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or eligible New Zealand Citizen, you may be eligible to apply for a Partner Visa to stay permanently in Australia.

If you have an Australian Parent

If your parent or stepparent is an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or eligible New Zealand Citizen, you may be eligible to apply for a Parent Visa to stay permanently in Australia.

Client Success Stories

Jinal Shah

“Pragat has always been very professional as well as listened and cleared my all the doubts whenever I had any.”

Read More

Dhravil Gohel

“Special thanks to Trushen bhai, he is a very experienced and knowledgeable agent he is very supportive and responds very quickly to all your queries.”

Read More

David Abhisheik Lal

“The Knowbal team, they were really good in assisting and guiding me and I would highly recommend the team to my family and friends.”

Read More

Nishant Chaudhari

“Clients are always well informed about the process & progress. I highly recommend Knowbal Group and in particular Mr Nirav Modi & Trushen Bhatt for their selfless effort.”

Read More

Shilpa Nilesh Chaudhary

“I had the pleasure of working with Knowbal Migration, where Nileshbhai Chaudhary and his team, Trushen, Niravbhai, and Pragatbhai, delivered excellence service and quick responses. Nileshbhai’s guidance helped me achieve my goal; he provided a clear...

Read More

Jenish & Ashwini

“Exceptional expertise and personalized care! I am extremely impressed with the level of knowledge and dedication displayed by Knowbal group. They tailored their services to meet my specific needs, ensuring a smooth and successful immigration process....

Read More


You must be aged six or over to apply for a Student Visa.
If your student visa expires before graduation, you might be eligible for a Visitor visa (subclass 600). Otherwise, you may be able to apply for Subclass 500.
Yes, you can include your immediate family members, including your partner and dependent children who is unmarried and under 18 years of age (exemptions may apply based on individual circumstances).
Yes, you can study a “packaged course” – you will need to submit a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) for each course. You must also not have more than 2months of course gaps unless the first course finishes at the end of the standard academic year and the following period commences at the beginning of the standard academic year.

Every student visa applicant must demonstrate a genuine intention to stay in Australia to study full time in Australia. To satisfy this, you must include a statement that outlines

• Circumstances in your home country

• The value of your course and how it aligns with your future goals.

• Your immigration history

• Your circumstances in Australia.